This past holiday weekend we had my whole family and almost all of Sean's family (excluding the Alaska clan) here at the house for Thanksgiving. We had so much fun I totally forgot to take pictures of the day, even though Sean surprised me with a new camera earlier in the week, oops!! But I just couldn't let Thanksgiving go by without posting about how grateful I am for all our family!! I'm also grateful for Black Friday shopping. It's always hard to motivate ourselves to get out of bed and go out shopping so early, but what a blast we have everytime. It's just so funny to see how crazy some people get at the thought of good deals. Here's a pic of the sisters excitedly waiting in line at Target. It was way too crazy to take pics once we got inside, but thanks to the mad shopping skills from Becky we were able to come up with all the goodies that we set out for. Also a big shout out to the rest of the family. We divided and conquered with pieces of the family all over town, including Sean's parents who stayed home to watch Ayden for us, thanks guys! Wish I could have gotten a picture of everyone!!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sean's b-day was last week, so when I saw this tag on Malissa's blog I thought it would be a good birthday post for him. I just love that hubby!!
1. Where did you meet? Sean and I were FHE brother and Sister at Utah State.
2. How long did you date before you were married? We dated for 4 months before we got engaged and another 4 months before we were married. (The engagement was way to long)!!
3. How long have you been married? 5 1/2 years of marital bliss
4. What does he do that suprises you? It suprises me that he can still give me the butterflies with just a kiss, he'll get me flowers for no reason and cooks suprisingly yummy meals.
5. What is his best feature? I know it's weird, but my favorite physical feature is his back, he'd never admit to it, but he's got the best muscle definition back there and it's really sexy!!
6. What is your favorite quality of his? His sense of humor (he's always making me laugh), his spirituality, and his openness (he'll talk about anything, anytime which can get embarrassing, but most of the time I love it)!
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Lots of them, but most of the time it's just Hon, or Babe
8. What is his favorite food? Lasagna (I hate it, so he only gets it once a year for his b-day).
9. What is his favorite sport? Baseball and football, he loves playing them both but doesn't get into watching them which I'm grateful for because watching sports on TV bores me to tears.
10. When and where was your first kiss? In the stairwell at my apartment building in college. It took him a really long time to kiss me, I thought it would never happen, but it was definitly worth the wait!!
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Do couples get to do things together after kids??? Just kidding when we do get out we love going to dinner and movies, it's typical, but hey that's us.
12. Do you have any children? Yep, and Sean is the best Daddy in the whole world!
13. What are his hidden talents? Funny story, we were hanging out the other night and I started trying to get him to dance with me, when all of the sudden he pulls out swing dance, followed by the waltz, cha-cha, tango, and a few others I'd never heard of. Six years together and I didn't know he could dance. Bet you didn't know he can also sing really well.
14. What is his favorite music? Classic Rock
15. What do you admire about him? He gets things done, we started on our basement thinking we'd take it slow and do it together piece by piece, 4 months later it was done. He also thinks well on his feet and is so smart, good trait to have as a firefighter/paramedic.
16. What is his favorite color? Whenever I ask him this question he says that he doesn't have one, but he has a lot of clothes that are blue so we'll go with that.
17. Will he read this? Probably if I tell him I posted
Sure love you lots honey!! Hope you had a very happy birthday and aren't too embarrassed being the spotlight of the blog for a change!!
Posted by Monica at 10:34 AM
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Posted by Monica at 10:25 AM
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
For Halloween this year Ayden was a dragon. Cutest thing ever!!! We went to Boo at the Zoo on Thursday with Ayden's little friend Deveny, Trick or Treat Street and the Ward Trunk or Treat Carnival on Friday, by the end of the two fun filled days Ayden was so wired from the sugar high I didn't think he would ever settle down. He ran both of us ragged and Sean and I were both thankful for the weekend after those two days. However Ayden absolutely had a blast this Halloween and really got excited to go get candy is his bucket. I had a really hard time getting him to stand still long enough for some good pictures, but here are a few to give you an idea of how cute he was...
Posted by Monica at 8:50 AM